Thread: Submarine 707R
View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
That's why I like Japanese anime a hell a lot more then any other. Japanese anime are not so predictable and don't alway give you happy ending. You should check out "Grave of the Fireflies"(anime version) with you wife by Studio Ghibli( I think Ghibli stuff are much better then any Disney can offer). Be sure you are well stock on tissue.
When talking about submarines, the closest I got was Leiji Matsumoto's Super99. Always liked Matsumoto's stories, and how they were inter-related.

I agree on the unpredictability of many of the series and movies, and how stereotypes are blurred. And that's also what hooked me. The depth of anime stories is usually overlooked. The movie you cited "Grave of Fireflies" is a poignant example of this.

Another special thing about anime is the mechanical designs. They're very attractive for the most part, whether you are an airplane/submarine/robot/spaceship fan, there's always something interesting to look at.

That's why looking at the development of a new paper model based on an anime subject, right from the beginning, catches my attention.