View Single Post

Old 07-04-2008, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.39 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanShort
Another lesson learned

When using Inkscape and exporting to PDF, I find it's best (in this version of Inkscape 0.46) to use the internal PDF creator (PDF via Cairo). CutePDF, which has worked well for me in the past, has some serious issues when it comes to Inkscape, as do several other PDF creators that I've tried (I'm still overall happy with CutePDF). PDF DOES NOT LIKE transparency. So, the workaround is to use the Gradient Editor (under the Fill dialog) and select the colors on either end of the gradient that you want to use. You can't just be lazy and use one color with a transparency... If you don't do this, you may see some wierd things!

Another thing I've learned is that sometimes things that don't appear on the screen in Inkscape - show up in the PDF output! The way I've found to work around this is to group the objects together as you want them and save the first file. Now open a second file and import the old file into the new file - OFF of the new page. Then move the stuff you want back onto the page. And yes, the first L-5 ambulance variant is almost ready for launch!

Ryan