View Single Post

Old 07-27-2008, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.39 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanShort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
I should make a caveat to the statement above about the Fauvel being possible to open in vector programmes. The model certainly is vector designed, and the files will open in vector programmes.

However, they seem to be saved in a way that they are not readily editable. Colours, grey tones, and text do not open as uniform fields or fonts, but as some very tight linear pattern. This results in an unamanageably large number of groups or paths, difficult to get rid of. The programme also works very slowly.

The same goes for all of Philippe Rennesson's models, unfortunately.

Does anybody know the cause of this? I could of course write to the author - and will do so - but I thought I should ask first in order to educate myself somewhat...

The models are of course still editable in any pixel-based programme, like Photoshop. But that will result in less precision, and much larger files. Since working with Nobi's Spitfire, I've got spoiled with the precision of vector designs.

All the more credit to Nobi, whose models always will open in a vector programme, and thus allows for easy and precise recolouring!

Leif
Leif - I have recently learned that Inkscape is capable of converting bmp models to vector! Basically, you want to find a way to extract the pdf image to a png file, then open the png file with Inkscape and use the Trace Bitmap function experimenting until you get a good solution - which is possible.

Ryan