View Single Post

Old 06-07-2011, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
In building the Zio hot rod, I found that the drive train was the key part of keeping the frame straight, so that is next in my build. I started with the transmission. After cutting out the parts, I was a bit mystified as to how they fit together. Since the flywheel assembly looked fairly straightforward, I started there and trusted to Zio's clues to figure out the rest.

One major pitfall here that isn't obvious from Zio's photos of the undercarriage....on the front piece of the flywheel, the white location box for attaching the engine should be at the top of the flywheel. For me, the nuclear law of averages kicked in (given a 50-50 chance, you will screw it up 95 percent of the time) and I pointed it toward the bottom of the trannie. Since that portion of the assembly is pretty well hidden by the engine after assembly, I didn't bother printing out another flywheel front to paste over the error.

Next in my sequence was assembling the bell housing and attaching it to the back of the flywheel. From there, it wasn't too difficult figuring out how to fold and locate the body of the transmission. The engine block is fairly straightforward...the trickiest part is figuring where to place the fold scribe lines for the valve covers. My pics show the sequence I used for gluing up the engine block. Next step was the timing chain cover assembly....and this completes this segment of the build. Now need to take a break and print out some kits for the girls to build tonight.

Prudensio Alpha Romeo-48.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-49.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-50.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-51.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-52.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-53.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-54.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-55.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-56.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-57.jpg