View Single Post

Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I finally figured out how the front fender attaches...though the nuke law of averages struck again. Initially, I thought the fender I was working with was the left front fender. After initial attachment to the car, something didn't look quite right as to how it aligned with the front axle. I pried it off and glued onto the right side of the car...looks much, much better. However, it now means the attachment location mark on the fender points away from the frame, not toward it....and I'm not going to undo what has been done yet again. I think I will print the outer face of the fender attachment on bond paper and paste it over the location mark to hide yet another mistook.

And, at this point, I'm tempted to do like my partial differential equations instructor used to do in the middle of an example (usually when he became so lost in his solution that he couldn't figure out how to go from there), and just say "now, it is intuitively obvious that the answer is....." and post a few pics of the completed model. Feedback has been limited to just a couple of our thousands of forum members, so I find myself questioning whether what I've been doing with this build thread is worth the bandwidth it is taking up.

Prudensio Alpha Romeo-77.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-78.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-79.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-80.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-81.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-82.jpg