View Single Post

Old 07-12-2011, 07:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
WWII Pilots - Posable, Multiscale

I'm breaking this design thread off of the main Paper Protagonist thread, as several members who may have not had an interest in prior projects in the Protagonist line of figures may in fact be interested in this new design. This also allows me to fork design comments and suggestions relative to this series.

I've been keenly following many of the build threads of WWII fighters since I have joined the site, and have finally worked up the courage to build one of my own. However, I hate to see an unoccupied cockpit. Fortunately, having a figure skeleton design already, I can readily adapt it to suit. As such, I present the first in this series: the RAF pilot.

As with my other figures, much of the detail will be laminate, rather that textures. The figures are fully posable, and the hips for this figure will incorporate a newer more realistic design. I intend to offer with this figure full flight gear (helmet, radio, mask, webbing, life jacket, parachute (pack only) as well as a number of uniform options, including the combat jacket shown, the uniform 'dress' jacket, the overcoat, cold weather jacket, gloves, airman and officer hats, and boots. I will also release all uniform elements in the tropical coloring. As with my other figures, this will be released in 1:50 and 1:35, both of which are easy enough to modify to obtain most common scales.

I am not, nor have I ever been in the RAF (although my grandfather served in the RCAF). While I attempt to be diligent in my research, I expect some things will be incorrect. I mean no disrespect if any of the design elements fall short in terms of accuracy. In fact, I would greatly appreciate constructive feedback while this design develops.

I expect this will take a few weeks to complete, then another week (or more) to lay out and make instructions.

Enjoy!
Tirick