Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
Paper Trade Fokker/Fairchild F-27 "Friendship"

1. Model Subject: Fokker/Fairchild F-27 "Friendship"
2. Scale : 1:50
3. Publisher : Paper Trade, kit no. 40.
4. Designer : C. van Gaasteren
5. Distributor : Paper Trade at www.zeistbouwplaten.nl

01 - Intro.

Paper Trade, a Dutch Publisher (website) has lately published a new papermodel of one of the most beautiful civil airplanes of the World:

Fokker/Fairchild F-27 "Friendship"

The model comes in 2 liveries and is scaled in 1:50. Special in this publishing is that it can be obtained professionally printed on paper , but people outside Europe also can get it as a download, and so saving the sometimes huge packaging- and mailing-costs… The 2 liveries are from the Nederlandse Luchtvaart Maatschappij, NLM, and Hughes Air West.

The covers:

NLM:

HAW:

The modelkit has: 1 Cover, 11 pages with the parts, 6 pages constructiondrawings and 5 pages of manualtext in dutch and english.

The printmodel is printed on 3 kinds of paper: the parts are on 160 gr/m2 (8 pages) and 120 gr/m2 (3 pages). The manual is on normal 80 gr/m2-paper. For the download-model one should choose for the same kinds of paper. On the pages is indicated when it should be 120 gr/m2.

In this review I have chosen to use the Hughes Air West F-27.

The main question is now: how different is the printed model compared to the Downloadmodel? First a look at all pages. For homeprinting I used my Canon Pixma Inkjet-printer.

NLM - printed model:

HAW – download and homeprinted model:

Sofar no big differences in these pictures so we’d have a closer look:

NLM :

HAW :

Big diffences did not appear. Only the lines in the parts are when homeprinted somewhat fatter, thicker and mor black. Also the grey colors are a bit weaker in the home-print. The professional printed model has some shine where the inkjetprint has none. A bit but still….

From now the NLM-printed modelkit is back into the envelop: the HAW-model is on!