While I still have the Breda to do to complete my Italian Air Force collection, I decided to do the only other North Africa scheme plane I could find of Zio's; the P-40 Kittyhawk.
One sheet of strong colors! The fuselage and tail went together just fine. I used the separate tab approach again.
The problem hit with the wing/fuselage connection, a not uncommon concern with Zio's designs. While this one wasn't as bad as the Stuka kit, it wasn't all joy, either. The dihedral wound up as negative dihedral and I had to cut the upper center section and overlap the sides to get it looking right;
Even with that adjustment, I had real problems trying to fit the wing. A lot of it was simply that I was rushing through it, but it's not the best fit of Zio's kits. Although I made a rather sloppy job of it, the wing is on;
As I'm doing a clear canopy, I need to mock up a quick and simple interior. A folded and markered piece of scrap will form the basic interior. That's as far as I've gotten so far. A seat may be all I stick in there as so little shows in this scale.
More as soon as I can get to it.