View Single Post

Old 08-15-2011, 02:14 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
McDonnell F3H-2 Demon U.S. Navy squadron VF-41 / Pavel Kohno / 1:72

Next on the build list is the incredibly detailed McDonnell F3H-2 Demon in 1:72 scale as designed by the talented Pavel Kohno. I have chosen the U.S. Navy squadron VF-41 off the U.S.S. Independence due to a friend having served aboard her (though after the time of the Demon), from ecardmodels.com.

1/72 McDonnell F3H2 Demon USN VF-41 Paper Model - ECardmodels.com Shop - Downloadable models and

Ecardmodels has just recently begun carrying Pavel Kohno's designs (originally sold through Kampfflieger's site), and will be carrying a whole lot more soon! These are incredibly detailed kits, in a number of unique subjects. Check them out: ECardmodels.com Shop

An initial assessment of the kit, which is provided as a 1:72 kit (as opposed to me rescaling it myself), is that it is the most detailed 1:72 kit I've ever seen. In fact, it is detailed enough to be a 1:33 kit and was at the time of its initial release, offered in 1:72, 1:48, and 1:33: www.papermodelers.com/forum/design-threads/4305-mcdonnell-f3h2-demon-1-71-1-48-1-33-a.html

The kit contains 4 pages of parts, and a nice set of diagrams showing all parts for placement. At 1:72 scale, there are some parts that will be difficult to build in card, so I printed the model twice, once on 65lb card, once on bond paper. This morning I have given the parts a couple coats of gloss clear spray to protect the model from fading and smudging during the build. Here we go with the most detailed model I've ever built...

Here are the 4 pages, in duplicate, plus a few pages of the Stahlhart F/A-18 also in the build pile, with clearcoat drying.

Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds