View Single Post

Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Completely agree that the guy actually made the model, you can tell when you zoom in alot as you can see the card thickness on some parts, have no idea how he doesn't get any dirt on the model, must seal it. It's the renders he photoshopped onto a background that make you question it more, easy to see he did that because of the black line around the leg, photoshop is quite bad at pasting things with an alpha channel, and you don't get that effect naturally.
It might be pointless to lie, but people do the stupidest things just for attention and adulation of others, i'm betting one day we'll see an uber leet paper modeler

Thing about the digital version of a model is that it has no real dimension, personally I think the paper versions are always better than the 3D models, no matter how masterfully or badly built. If you were to make the 3D model with the correct scale, paper scale and seam tolerances in order to fake a real model, it wouldn't look as nice as a dimensionless 3D model, though it would probably be neater to build.

If you find a sure fire cure for getting dirt on the model, let me know, for some reason i'm magnetically attracted to dirt which does get on alot of my models, it's the main reason I don't improve my own building skills, there's not much point in making a perfect model if it isn't clean.

That's just 3dsmax, you can get it for free for 3 years by applying for a student license, student meaning a student of the software, not the lentil eating hippy kind.
Great for doing instructions with if you like modeling and rendering.