View Single Post

Old 08-25-2011, 09:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Thank you for your comments! I try very hard to be accurate, or at least as far as I am capable.

I am almost giddy with excitement! I've figured out the harness. I just need to figure out how to model it.

See below:

I've color coded the straps to highlight the positioning and generally show how they attach. For clarity I've removed the thin seat cushion, leaving only the parachute bag, although assume the uncolored center strap is fed through the center of the cushion to hold it in place. All the straps currently modeled here (I've modified it a little from before) are correct.

What I need to add is the strap where I've marked in purple, which loops under the butt/legs, slide-splices over the side/kidney strap (yellow), then crosses at the back to feed through to the parachute. Along the back, holding the parachute straps in place against the support are tearaway (buttons) loops, that I assume release when the parachute opens. The loops over the shoulder (red) are clipped to the parachute strap near the top of the support.

Thank you both for your advice! Now I'm off to try and model that.

Tirick