Thread: Submarine 707R
View Single Post

Old 09-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Back to the beta test build, v-02.

From pic 1~5 no different from the v-01 test. Just this time I sanded the frame smoth, nice and round to make sure no hard glued edge on the frame that could mark the skin. The design is tight fitting too, so some sanding on the frame help the skin go on smother.

Pic 9, I add the back side and a new part to cover unpainted surface.

From pic 10~15, are all new skin. But I didn't realized I made the panels lines too light on the red surface and not light enough on the dark surface till I printed. It looks good in Photoshop. I don't want to wast anymore paper, so I run with what I got. I'm just going to fix it in Photoshop and not print a new set again. Like I said, it is tight fit. But if the frame was built with care, everything line up, the skin will goes on the frame like a sock. That's of course if the skin was built with care too. And so, everything goes right and both half joined, the hull feel very solid(patting myself on the shoulder). Next, I'll be adding all that small little detail on the hull.

I also want to add, the reason I cut the frame up is so I can fit them on Letter size paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Submarine 707R-01.jpg   Submarine 707R-02.jpg   Submarine 707R-03.jpg   Submarine 707R-04.jpg   Submarine 707R-05.jpg  

Submarine 707R-06.jpg   Submarine 707R-07.jpg   Submarine 707R-08.jpg   Submarine 707R-09.jpg   Submarine 707R-10.jpg  

Submarine 707R-11.jpg   Submarine 707R-12.jpg   Submarine 707R-13.jpg   Submarine 707R-14.jpg   Submarine 707R-15.jpg