View Single Post

Old 07-28-2007, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
There are quite a number of inaccuracies in this model.

I think I've found the drawing that the designer used - it came from the Russian Modelist-Constructor magazine on the Panzer I. However, there are, as usual, a number of errors in the drawing when compared to photos of the Panzer 1F. In particular:

1. The shape of the rear hull is wrong - the rear plate of the hull is higher than modelled and the angle of the rear hull plate is steeper.

2. The muffler in the original looks as though it was enclosed by a box construction - the model doesn't attempt this.

3. The air inlets on the model are approximately correct but there wasn't a grille over the inlets but rather a plate pierced with 4 rows of circular holes.

4. The model has parts for towing shackles as if they were permanently fitted to the tank. I've surveyed dozens of period Wehrmacht images and haven't found a tank with the shackles fitted unless it was being towed. I don't know where this idea (the towing shackles were always fitted) came from but it seems to be inconsistent with photo evidence.

I'll do the best I can with this model but I'm starting to lose patience with a design based on limited research.

Regards,

Charlie