View Single Post

Old 09-19-2008, 05:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
This post is just to show I haven't given up (yet)! This particular model really is a challenge for me. The parts numbering is very confusing. I finally started cutting (barely). These first few parts are for the posts around the Steam House. The parts are scattered throughout all the pages, so just hunting them down is a big step! :p By my count, there are 186 pieces for the posts! Not including the green rail and wood dowel pieces. I'll be lucky to get these posts together by the deadline!
NC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-post-parts.jpg
The good thing is that most of the small parts are for the posts, so if I can get those done, I may stand a chance at the rest of it!
The parts are marked by numbers in circles. But there are several different colors for the circles and numbers that duplicate, plus a few letter markings for good measure and I'm just not familiar enough with ABC's more complex designations. I'm sure it all makes sense in the directions (wish I could read Czech!), but I've been getting dizzy trying to sort it all out from the main diagram;
NC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-plan.jpg
At any rate, I've made a start on it. I think I'll try building one post first and if it doesn't work out it's into the trash for this one! If it does work out, maybe I'll try another post, etc., etc.!
Chris