View Single Post

Old 10-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Late Bloomer

Having recent issues with Abobe Reader not allowing for actual centering of the print-out, I have also found that good ol' MS Paint can "save the day" - sort of. Since Paint is a Bitmap editor, copying the Adobe selection at the largest workable PDF view allowed for a reasonable quality "paste" into Paint, which then allows for re-scaling to the needed size (whole digit precision, only.) Difficulty is trying to get an actual 150% resize when pasting the selection - usually must do a wasteful trial and error print series. However, the wonderful thing about Paint is it's print positioning options. I'm scaling up from 1:72 to 1:48 (150%) from an A4 PDF 'page' size, to an 11"x17" paper, which is too narrow, but all would be fine if the generous 'blank space' margins could be allowed to 'hang over' the edges of the printable area, leaving the parts in the center intact. But Adobe doesn't allow it! Neither does Open Office for that matter... it has some real print functionality problems if you want to print on anything other than Letter size paper.

All this aside, it is truly amazing that there is no common interface to allow direct control of any printer's positioning and sizing functions without going through a bunch of gyrations - all for a requirement that identified long ago by the authors of Paint. In the drive to make things "simple" or automate functionality, we've gotten true flexibility programmed away. Is it really so difficult for these developers?

I'm going to play with Foxit now... here's hoping!
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale