View Single Post

Old 10-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
I built 1st test box today and I think it will do the trick and should protect the models for the move. The box is not too heavy and I placed two handles on the top to carry it with.

I placed 2 models in this box and will try to continue except for the larger BB's and Junyo.

I used 2 layers of styrophone and used a jig saw to cut the hull forms. I placed shims (pink) to firm up the assembly. I also placed the thin pink foam under the hulls.

Wish me luck, won't know results until after I unpack, these may end up in storage unit for a couple months in North Carolina, hopefully not quite that long. I will place the boxes in either a U-Haul or our camper and tow it to NC from upstate NY myself, not giving movers any chance to handle these.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Uss oklahoma - uss arizona-pa210047.jpg   Uss oklahoma - uss arizona-pa210049.jpg   Uss oklahoma - uss arizona-pa210050.jpg   Uss oklahoma - uss arizona-pa210053.jpg   Uss oklahoma - uss arizona-pa210054.jpg  

Uss oklahoma - uss arizona-pa210055.jpg   Uss oklahoma - uss arizona-pa210056.jpg