View Single Post

Old 10-22-2011, 12:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
New Project: Dragon

While I am in the middle of juggling a few other projects, I've managed begin to convert a design that I've long desired to make from my head to paper. This will be a long arc (all of mine are, I will admit) as the completed figure will likely be over a 1/2 meter in length.

I intend for the design to be fully poseable, but not articulated. Although I'm sure someone ingenious can come up with a way to make it so, it will not be my intent out of the gate.

I will be designing a 'traditional' western style dragon, with six limbs (4 legs + wings), and a long serpentine neck and tail. Wingspan will likely match the figure's length. Color has not been determined yet, don't let the base green deter you. I suspect I will be going with earthy tones, perhaps the color of the girdled lizard the head was initially designed after (narrowed considerably). It is hard to get a sense of size from the picture; the head from nose to the back of the 'skull' is around 4.5 cm long.

A closeup of the segments

The upper 'jaw' with its array of teeth

The teeth for the lower jaw. There are over 30 altogether upper/lower.

You might recognize the female from my warrior maiden release; she is built to 1:35.

The next task is to fully texture the head and correct some of the fit-up issues that cropped up. The jaw and neck join are fully poseable, and the range of motion is more or less good. There will be a skirt of scales around each join to conceal the seams a little better. Needless to say, the entire thing will be heavily laminar in nature.

Lastly, this will be a .pdo only release, as the sheer volume of pages, parts will prohibit extensive instructions. This will also allow for a user lever rescale.

Enjoy!
Tirick