View Single Post

Old 10-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Mainly cockpit-based activities took place today. Got some 'glass' in the window panes and I made the pilot. For the windows I used transparent cellophane and a piece of filter sheet out of a Lee lighting filter booklet (LEE #121) for the roof windows. I saw that these were coloured for shading purposes. Then the pilot: the process was easy: I rolled thin.. well, rolls, actually, from 80 grams paper strips (regular thickness copy paper) and cut them to make limbs, a rump and for the head/helmet I used a silicone bead from my collection of cut-open bags of de-humidifying thingies. On a colour picture (of Alan Shepard's splashdown) I could see the crew wore orange overalls. Probably for visibility purposes, I guess. So orange it was. I made the helmet yellow and I used a dab of dark blue for the visor. he now takes the pilot's seat, I want the copilot to look out of the opened window to the situation and the loadmaster in the passenger bay has to kneel at the hatch opening. That's up next, together with the gear/transmission rotor base behind the cockpit.
Attached Thumbnails
Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-17.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-18.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-19.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-20.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-21.jpg  

Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-22.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-23.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-24.jpg