View Single Post

Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Small bits and pieces. And now tired eyes. maybe due to prolonged exposure to microscopic details, maybe because this night daylight saving time started (one more hour of sleep but an unfortunate rhythm got me out one hour early..)
Anyway, what's the score? yesterday I was on a flow and was too lazy to get the camera. I made the struts and wheels so the helicopter can stand on its own feet now. the camber of the wheels here is still a bit too much, I straightened them later. The struts were made from brass (the forked parts) and aluminium (the bigger rod). painted afterwards with one of those very undistinguishable looking army colours (enamel, this time) The tail boom was made in a whiffy, as was the tail itself. The tail rotor housing is from balsa, since I thought those tiny cone-shaped structures would be too much to cut out and try and fold. Easier to use some proto-paper.
the tail light is made from another silicone ball I painted with transparent red.
Today I did the tail rotor itself, I edge glued the rotor blades to the + -shaped part. I even could set the blades in an angle this way. I have made the winch (yes, there's a 'cable' sticking out, there will be a horse collar-shaped rescue thing (what's the actual name?) on the end.
The main rotor blades are ready for further construction and there is
a frame for the winch. That's for tomorrow or the day after. For now, it has been enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-35.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-36.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-37.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-38.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-39.jpg  

Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-40.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-41.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-42.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-43.jpg