View Single Post

Old 11-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Ron0909, I was able to donate some time on the H.M.S. Rose when she was being restored, many many people did. Not much time, but enough time to walk all in and about here. i used to sail a Pearson 10 meter sloop and spent a couple of July 4th's a couple of 100 feet anchored away from her. The Tchaikovsky's 18th Overture was playing when she fired her runs to the timing of the song, it was a blast to hear something like that!!

You ship has the foundation of a real beauty. Brian T. Johnston explanation of the planking is right on the money too. What a lot of people need to do is look at the bow of the boat, and imagine the ship pounding on the high seas, and how each plank would take that hit, where the impact forces would be. The planking must be more than aesthetics for a convincing model. You'll kick yourself in the hidnquarters later on if you don't get this part right. I helped restore a clinker built very small boat at Mystic Seaport, and but have built very few models requiring planking, but the real ones can and are reproduced in model ship. Good Luck!!