View Single Post

Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandainf View Post
hi

thanks for ur suggestions. yeah i m looking for a sponsor, who pay can pay for my hobby.. this is my first model.. and have some mistakes. so in next project i will try to do my best.. so keep support me.
Welcome aboard! It's great to have new additions to the family, especially ones who are brave enough to try and design paper models. I've been building them for quite a long time but have yet to take the plunge in designing a model yet, so I applaud your desire and drive.

You have some very knowledgable folks on this forum, quite a few who are designers of paper models themselves, who are very happy to provide constructive criticism on any of your projects, and I like your willingness to listen and perhaps learn from their experience.

As to monetary gain from this hobby, I don't really know how lucrative designing and selling models might be for the vast majority of the designers on this forum, although I image it may be more worthwhile for some than others, but that is obvoiusly dependant upon what type and quality of model they create. Some models are very popular and do well while others not so much. I'm not aware of any arrangements where a beginner designer is "sponsored" by anyone, although I have heard of commission work every once and awhile, but that is usually where someone wants a particular designer to tackle a new design project for a model that is desired by the benefactor...not too sure how prevalent that is, but I have heard of it from time to time.

I would very respectfully suggest you continue to hone your designing skills, and if you want to try your hand at selling models that you design, then consider what type of model might be desired by others (you can get some good ideas by browsing the various build and design threads), but never loose the drive and desire to design paper models, as your first attempt certainly shows you have a talent that, perhaps, might provide you someday with a source for some "hobby money."

I look forward to seeing your work in the future, and wish you the very best!

Cheers!
Jim