View Single Post

Old 11-10-2011, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Tired of waiting

I am a pretty patient guy but I have waited long enough. I have looked and looked for a good yacht model but there are none out there. Been waiting for years hopping some one would design one but no one has. I finally got tired of looking and decided to try my hand at designing my own. After designing the container cranes I got the design bug so figured I would try my hand at some thing more challenging.

I am basing my design off the well known yacht, "Pelorus". It is the world's nineteenth largest luxury yacht at 115 metres (377 ft) in length.

My design is not going to be exactly like the Pelorus but close, I am adding another lower deck on the aft and doing the bow differently. I have printed all the skins on photo paper and glued them to card stock, they are nice and thick but not to thick that I can't work with it.

I do have one question to ask of you guys, I am planing ahead and am worried about the radar domes (pic added) and how to design them, does any one have any tips they could give me or know of any models with that rounded shape I could go by?

I will post pictures of my progress as I go along.
Attached Thumbnails
Tired of waiting-608248.jpg   Tired of waiting-radar-domes.jpg   Tired of waiting-dsc_0062.jpg   Tired of waiting-dsc_0061.jpg   Tired of waiting-dsc_0064.jpg  

Tired of waiting-dsc_0065.jpg   Tired of waiting-dsc_0066.jpg   Tired of waiting-dsc_0068.jpg  

Last edited by Inky; 11-10-2011 at 03:53 PM.