View Single Post

Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Hi, Inky!

Looking real nice!

I have to admit not many out there, but there are a few. Not sure how many commercial yachts are available, I know WHM offered one called "Christina", or something like that, but that was an older vessel.

BTW, I am still trying to find time to build those container cranes, just didn't have a spare moment last weekend, but I will and provide you with build pictures, very nice design!

On this one, those radome are so round that it is difficult to replicate them in paper at that size...I have seen (and used) small beads to represent spherical structures, but have also seen designers use a long strip with a deminishing width along the length so that when rolled up it comes close to making a sphere, the widest part of the strip being the middle, the narrowest being the outside edge of th sphere. Hope that explanation clear enought to give you an idea of what I am talking about...

Just curious, what is the method you used to design hull shapes? I have followed Wilfrieds wonderful tutorial a while back and have a dormant project for a 1960's-ish merchant ship in my files using his method, but was wondering how you tackled the initial shapes.

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this new one!

Cheers!
Jim