View Single Post

Old 10-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Wings and things

It's been a little while since the last post. The progress had temporarily halted while building up the wings. Originally the wings are in 2 pieces, a top and bottom half that you sort of butt glue after forming a tentaive leading edge. I tried once just butt gluing it and it cracked open while trying to insert the little coolers and things that go into the leading edge. I then tried to use a sort of rolled half tube as a joing strip inside the leading edges and got the splits shown in one pic with the arrows. I then got the bright idea of joining the leading edges in psp 10 cutting off the tips at the wing fold line and making a joining strip to mate up the 2 wing parts. Jeremiah interesting includes the wing ribs with interior detail at the folds if you choose to build a bird with folded wings. Alot of words on to the pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Skyline's F21 SeaHornet-img_0236.jpg   Skyline's F21 SeaHornet-img_0237.jpg   Skyline's F21 SeaHornet-img_0232.jpg   Skyline's F21 SeaHornet-img_0235.jpg   Skyline's F21 SeaHornet-img_0239.jpg