View Single Post

Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Gert it is likely that it may be finshed by october next year so a bit more info on the exhibition.
Back to the build next picture shows the transverse beams fixed that support the shelter deck at this stage. I then decided that I would build the model in one go, so that I wouldn't be building a new section on a completed part of the build. So next we have the bottom plates the midsection and Stern laid out this picture was taken at the end of March. The next one was taken in October showing all the floors in place. This is this builds equivalent to making tracks. I can cut a sheet out of these floors in an hour and about 200 of them.
In the above post but you will notice that I have changed the base in the last picture from the war before this is what I thought was a nice flat piece of plywood but it was slightly bent, so I ended up with a banana shaped boat when I got the stage of the last picture. I fixed it by cutting across the whole where the midsection joins the bow and where it joins the aft section the cut went through the floors but not the bace plates. It did still have a tendency to bend up. So until I'd got the bulkheads and the box girders running the length of the ship. I kept a stack of about five paperbacks placed along the length of the ship to keep it flat and it seemed to work.
Attached Thumbnails
SD 14 cargo ship-small14.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small15.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small16.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small17.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small18.jpg