View Single Post

Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 9.56 MB
Hello everyone.
I’m back at building, and posting here.
I mentioned some months ago, that I had a problem with the air filter. Problem was that I had a hard time folding all the sections of the air filter, and it was caused by two reasons.
First was the thickness of the material used, which was a regular 75lbs paper.
Second reason was the folding marks on the paper were too thin, so I couldn’t make out which one was valley-fold(V) and which one mountain-fold (ʌ).
I decided to use the thinnest paper I can get and use some help for folding it.
I created a diagram that showed each type of fold with a different line:

The idea is to cut the piece and then using this as a template, score one type of line on one side, then invert and score the other type of line on the other side.

After folding all lines, and gluing the borders I had a hard time getting the proper shape, until I made a ‘guide’ to help the piece to keep the shape.

I intend to leave the air filter without any cover, so everyone will be able to look at all those pain-made details.
I have not had time to take pictures of the final piece, since I wanted to keep building and try to finish the left side cylinder to assemble the engine. I’m almost there, so I will show pictures of the filter on the final assembled engine.
Until next time…