View Single Post

Old 12-11-2011, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks a lot, my friends,

Iīm glad youīre enjoing the progress

I stopped the work on the ship because of deadlock ( the shape of the bow and bottom of the stern galleries ) But I havenīt a rest, just doing something different ( )

Iīm still working on several ships together ( This one is Magellanīs Trinidad ).

I found out the solution finally; I made the shape of galion based on historical pictures - Iīve never seen the solution made by Corel or Mantua / Lusci etc. on ANY picture of French or Dutch ships from the first half of 17 th century:

but I improve it by this way ( as mentioned - see my contribution from 19.11.2011 ) - I add sides. I will add handrails too ( later ).

The bottom of the aft gallery also - solution, as you can see on pictures bellow probably isnīt real ( Iīve never seen it on any picture or model - Just on La Couronne)

You can see differents of the stern on both photos; In this ship case the solutions of details depends on producerīs fantasy and the taste of builder. So I also offer my solutions Galleries will be supported along the bottom and Iīll add consoles also.( I made just the construction - today Iīll close the bottom as the upper part )

...and some more looks at the ship

As you can see, Iīm slightly changing the ship by my conclusions and researchs. Maybe you wonīt agree with me - if you have any ideas, let me know

Jan