View Single Post

Old 12-12-2011, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
U.s.s. Olympia 1895

I know I have read from time to time folks asking about whether anyone would be interested in taking on an attempt to design a paper model of this ship, and I'd thought I would raise the question once again, just in case there was a paper model ship designer out there looking for a new challenge.

I think a model of this historic ship would be a great idea, not just from a selfish desire to see her in paper model form, but also as a way to perhaps preserve a bit of history for the actual ship, which is in a sad state due to the need for further funds to continue with essential repairs. Perhaps it might also be considered to make the model available to the museum on a limited consignment basis to raise further funds for her restoration and upkeep.

Whatever the motivation, I think this would be a superb project and wonder if anyone out there might consider taking on this ship as a design project...just wondering....

Cheers!
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
U.s.s. Olympia 1895-uss-olympiajpg-3917d12584c3de51_large.jpg   U.s.s. Olympia 1895-800px-uss_olympia_2.jpg