View Single Post

Old 12-12-2011, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Hello Gert
I used red car primer below the Plimsoll line. A thin coat where I was going to paint the hull red just to seal the card, the bottom and the lower portion of the hull I put a thicker coat on as it seen to be a similar colour to the antifouling paint. the topsides and deck. I sprayed a light coating to grey car primer and I will use white on the accommodation and deck houses to seal the card.
The topcoat I did with Humbrol enamels I got 50 mill tins off eBay of the black, red, green and white gloss and a 15 mill tin of yellow but I got three more small tins of yellow and the bluegrey. I applied the paint with an airbrush. I don't know if it's my bad airbrushing or still slightly porous card, but the finish is slightly matt places but I think this gives it a more realistic look. I have used about a quarter of the 50 Mill tins.
I had to do the white on the Bows several times as I had missed putting on a strip of masking tape either side and ended up with a black sporty strip site use a paintbrush to paint out the blackspots. Luckily it's where the name goes so it's not as noticeable.