View Single Post

Old 12-25-2011, 11:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdre View Post
I had read that all of the Apollo craft were unique and not all interior design the same. Some varied due to mission duration and supplies needed. I do believe that all of the interior walls were in the same position, but I just want to point out that we should be careful about looking a images from different missions, and be careful with images that were not Apollo 11, which I believe Ken said was the focus on this model.

Ron
You are correct. Most of the variation between the Apollo moon missions were in the cargo areas adjacent to the heatshield. But as you point out, the basic shapes otherwise were common in their position and configuration. Some differences in the buttons in the control panels, but I am not paying that close of attention to that. At least not yet.

Mechanic is pointing out a design flaw (mine, not in the real hardware design) That is, the large bay (the one underneath the couches) is too close to the centerline of the CM. This is duly noted and will be fixed in the final version. As he points out, this will fix alot of issues. Thanks again Mechanic! Your critical eye is important as I don't always see the forest...

For now, here is the main control panel. Someone earlier had pointed out that the panel looked too wide. Pulling the side wall inboard has fixed this. A little adjustment will be made in the final version, but for now, this is where I am to date.

Expect more flaws - not alot of good dimensional data is available; just pictures, so this project is about as much artistic interpretation as it is anything else. But with your help, we will get really close!

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-cm28-001.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm28-002.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm28-003.jpg