View Single Post

Old 10-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
NCAJ - James the Red Engine

Ok - so I've started cutting and gluing on my 'No Comfort and Joy' challenge model. It's a free model that can be found here. I've never modelled a train in any media. There are 2 sheets of parts and a 3 view included for directions. The kit has a bit over 100 pieces.
I am sure that the toy is based on a real train of some sort, but as I am not a train guy, I'm not really sure what it would be or what the actual scale is. As far as I'm concerned, it's 1:1 scale as it's the same size as the wooden Thomas the Tank Engine toys.
This build is fairly obviously inspired by my 2 1/2 year old. In fact, after gluing the cabin bits on (which I haven't taken a picture of yet), he walked in as I was showing progress to my wife and said 'James! uh oh - James is Broken!' Of course then I had to keep the model away from him as he wanted to play with it. That's probably the real 'No Comfort and Joy' theme of this model for me, it'll either have to be kept away from Niklas, or he will get ahold of it and it'll be destroyed at some point. But, that's life.
First pic shows the wheel 'carraige' on the main engine platform.
Attached Thumbnails
NCAJ - James the Red Engine-james-1.jpg  

Last edited by dansls1; 10-21-2008 at 04:57 AM.