View Single Post

Old 01-10-2012, 08:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yep, I bought a refill kit for a Canon Pixma MG5220 and have had no major problems so far. Ordering from inkproducts.com is easy and the supplies arrive quickly. I really like the chip reset device. I also ordered some long needles from them that have blunt tips instead of the sharp tips that came with the kit. Had one incident of the magenta cartridge not being recognized, but one more treatment with the resetter fixed that.

A goal I have is to do a refill without making a slight mess. I have a box of latex free vinyl gloves that are used so the hands and fingers are usually unstained but there always seems to be some drops of ink on the work surface. Since the refilling is done on a vinyl pad the clean up is easy, but a no-drip refill is still the goal. Lots of paper towels on hand too (thank goodness for $1 stores). I made an ink bottle holder to avoid accidently knocking over the ink bottles.