Thread: Pad 39A-STS-134
View Single Post

Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
Pad 39A-STS-134

Well, I went ahead and bought Dave Maier's shuttle pad, and I'll be building it after I finish my LUT. It was 74$ for the pad, and 25$ for the MLP. This isn't much compared to the Revell one, and all of It's PE detail sets. Why STS 134? It's the only Shuttle Mission I actually SAW at KSC.
The Shuttle Complex really is a wok of Art. I thought Alfonso's was good, but this is just WOW. Don't worry Sir, I still Love your models.=]. The printing is superb, many times better that the LUT, there are no "stairs" for zigzags, and the detail is excellent,
There are a hell of a lot of parts, 48 for the Pad, and 13 for the MLP! the manual is 140 pgs, and 65 pgs respectively.
Dave gives you the option of putting the Level Stairs, he gives you a cover for the old parts.
The RSS might possibly be the most complicated thing I have ever built, it makes up 3/4ths of the manual.
The Shuttle will, of course be Alfonos's, those are the best IMO. This is going to be a very big project, and I hope you all post, and comment!!