View Single Post

Old 01-23-2012, 04:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
No need to be grumpy - this is a topic core to this forum and one even more topical with the crash-down of Megaupload this week and the US national discussion on SOPA this month.

I would love for a decision to be made by the admins of this site to allow the building of scans of paper models that have not been published for decades and for which there is no clear succession of copyright, both circumstances that surround the Mon models. I love their retro simplicity and very cool range of subjects...

However, I am sure that you would be somewhat miffed if I took a similar approach to the PaperTrade line in order to preserve them from extinction as stated above by another poster - and shared them around to further mitigate potential said extinction...

It is unfortunate that various initiatives to date to secure or even clarify the status of the Mon models have not been successful - there seems a general reluctance in some nations to consider the contemporary e-model versus the traditional pre-printed paper model - but this may simply be something that we have to endure til such time as they are republished (as Maly Modelarz is doing with some of its models from the same era) or the rights are confirmed as being freely in the public domain.