View Single Post

Old 01-23-2012, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for all the info. There seems to be alot more to the hobby than gluing some fins to a tube and stuffing an engine in the end of it. Sound like it could get to be quite an expensive hobby.

I've gotten the itch, I grow tired of having great looking static mods sitting around on shelves. I've been reading Yogi's threads on stomp rockets and all the enjoyment he's had with the kids building and launching them. I wasn't real inpressed at first but I've done some reading on the subject and recieved some education, some of the hights achievable are impressive and the rockets available now are quite impressive, I went on E-card models site last nite and bought the advanced kit with four rockets and a missle with two different graffics. For less than twenty bucks you can have several launch vehicles and launch system, rocket engines weren't cheap ten years ago I can imagine what they cost now.

I thought my daughters would get a real thrill out of it, I took them both to cape kennedy summer before last and my youngest was trippin on the whole thing, it's something I think we can both enjoy and spend some quality time together, it's hard to find things a father can do with a daughter unless you want to play with dolls or with the doll house.

Any way...thanks again for taking the time to give an education.