View Single Post

Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Very nice background cleanup, Ruben. Thanks also for your tip on the year of publication. My file had a different name (FERNND~1.JPG), so I was in the dark on the age of the file. The blue on your image doesn't look as bleached out as mine, so they might well be scans of different pages, downloaded from different sources.
Well, I don't know if the source if different. I downloaded this (and many others) from the favoloso mondo di Toto. That's the place that I referred to in my post above.

The more prominent blue color is the result of the edition. The original was the same as yours: very washed. But after some time adjusting the brightness, hue and other parameters I could "restore" most of the lost blue that was there originally. All the other colors were also individually treated trying to bring them back to their original luster. The background was cleaned similarly, but it is the last thing I do. As I noted above, some of the scans from that place are not good, and this one is an example; low quality hard to work with. I actually prefer the quality of Eureka's scans because they're far better.

The metallic appearance you added to the bumpers is very nice. And the colors you used are indeed more sober and real. But as someone said, possibilities are endless.

I'm eager to see your build of this car.

Regards