View Single Post

Old 02-06-2012, 03:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
A pathetically trivial problem

I'm frustrated right now. The model I've been working on steadily since the Convention in October, the one that was going to be the centerpiece of my table, the one I fell desperately in love with the moment I saw it -- just went horribly, irretrievably wrong during final assembly, and I'm not even sure where the mistake is. It's way too complex to consider reprinting and starting over at this point. It's, well, recognizable --maybe even displayable. But I'm not proud of it, and its flaws are pretty obvious with even cursory inspection. The model is "Raven God,", from the World of Warcraft Papercraft site, and I went into it knowing that it was going to be a major challenge. Even the designer warned me in a private email that it was not for beginners, and needed some rework that he was unlikely to get around to. But . . . well, d**n. D**n, d**n, d**n.

Now, I know this is exquisitely trivial compared to our members who are facing REAL problems, such as personal or family illness or grave economic woes (and those of you in distress, please be assured that you are in my thoughts, even though I've been mostly lurking lately). This is just a model that was beyond me -- and, who knows, if I tried again I might be able to work out the kinks. (I reprinted many parts as it was.) But we're all modelers here, and I figure this is the one place where most folks will understand the frustration.