View Single Post

Old 02-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Burns & Art...,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
The drawing is a work of art in and of itself.

The coxswain appears to have been in close quarters with the exhaust pipe.

Don
Hi Don,

The exhaust design has several different methods to avert being burned. One method employs the use of a lagging insulation wrapped around the exhaust in the immediate deck area - the second uses a screen surrounding the exhaust stack [diesel truck style]. I'm glad you like the art. The style is something that's developed over time. I found that doing full blown renderings with attention to material library detail detracted from getting the design job done - it takes an inordinate amount of preparation time to get things "setup" - then you just can't stop tweaking the thing in the pursuit of perfection [finger of God syndrome]...,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Just wonderful, Art in detail. move over H. Chapelle
Thanks so much,
MILES
Hi Miles,

Working boats are always more interesting than leisure craft. I think Howard Chappelle knew this well and remains the hallowed dean of American sailing craft. Wonder what he would have done with the types of content creation we have available now?

I like to add a bit of "artful rendering" to the exhibition of progress. It does make for a more interesting log of the design process. Something I discovered about 3D CAD is that the external surface envelope is the defining geometry. All internals result from that reference. You have to get the external surface right or suffer the consequences. It may seem trifling but it has a large effect on the design process...,

+Gil