View Single Post

Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 AM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
two-to-three D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkrauzlis View Post
Gil, your considerable skills as an artist and modeler are quite evident in these last two drawings...I am quite taken by the beautiful lines of this boat, one of the most aesthetically pleasing as I have ever seen in a vessel.

Thank you so very much for sharing your design of this boat with us, it is a real pleasure to see your work.

Cheers!
Jim
Hi Jim,

The lines of "just another plain old lobster boat" did not, at first, catch my eye all that much. It wasn't till a quick trial hull that the utility of the design caught my imagination as I think it has yours. That's the beauty of this type of exposition - to delve into and reveal the dimensional utility of a design. 2D drawings can convey some of this but its full impact can only be fully developed by a 3D representation. The ability to contrast the 2D drawing against the 3D realization is very appealing to me. The use of ghosting allows revealing the internal structure adding to the interest and some mystery of what lies behind the external surface threshold. Guess it's called illustration...,

Best regards, +Gil