View Single Post

Old 02-11-2012, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
If the paper model vendors in North America are still alive, it would be in their best interest to update their websites and let us know. When you open the webpage and see the most recent update is a year or (much more) old, it doesn't give the prospective customer a warm feeling about how serious the owner is about his business. And in this particular hobby, where the quality of the printed kits has been making such strides in improvement, having new inventory to offer is a must to get any of my hobby budget.
Hearty agreement, Darwin! An important rule for any business is that the easier you make it for people to be customers, the more customers you're apt to have. Conversely, if you expect customers to accommodate you, you're not likely to keep enough customers to remain in business. This rule applies to any business, whether the owners run it full time or part time. The only companies that can get away with ignoring this rule are the hobby businesses that get infusions of cash from elsewhere -- or the businesses deliberately run at a loss for tax advantages elsewhere.

The fact that the various tabs of the website all display the same message, and have since 2009, creates the impression that PMI is not at all being run as a real business. If Joe designs models as a hobby, making them available for free, I'll snap them up gratefully. But if buy models, I expect professional behavior from the company.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.