View Single Post

Old 02-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
OK, got my kit all printed and I am reviewing it before starting. It seams that one front fender well may be backwards but it might be me. No biggie to fix if it is.

I have been comparing the model to the restored original in the museum and I am quite pleased. Aaron cut a good line between detail and ease of build, and the details are spot on. Even the tag number is correct! I haven't found any shots of the air tanks and fire extinguisher yet but they seem logically placed in the model. As stated, I will foil the mirrors. The only other detail I may add is the two eye bolts on the rear bumper, if I can find an exceptionable gauge of wire.

After this build I may try again with photo paper for some gloss. The yellow from my printer seems a bit faded and the chrome parts of coarse come out gray but it still looks great.

Printed and reviewed. Tomorrow I will cut and glue! My wife just got her new camera and if I can figure out how to work the thing I will post som pics along the way!.

CT