View Single Post

Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Scans a computer in 5 minutes? That has to be just hitting the main area and just on top, nothing dug in.

If you download a file into your computer, and don't scan it, you have let in the virus. If you get one from just visiting a website, then you need stronger protection than what you are currently using.

@mike, if you throw in your Operating System Disc, (Windoze), and click "Repair", it will Scan to see if there are errors, and prompt you if you wish to Repair them. It may also prompt you to Run ChkDsk, which may be indicative of a failing hard drive. If you have Seagate hard Drives, I would suggest you use SeaGate's SeaTools for Windows. You burn a .ISO image and it runs off of your optical drive.

I have around 4 to 5 Terabytes on each of my Desktop PC's, not including Laptops. Nothing could scan them in 5 or so minutes. I download files to a slaved Hard drive, then scan them file before I open it. In a worse case scenario, you do a hard shut down, restart, remove the drive the format it in safe mode, or in my case, I attach it to a USB dongle and format it that way. If my hard drive has bad sectors in it, I generally speaking, buy a new one, clone it, and toss the old one. They are cheap enough nowadays, and sometimes the information is worth far more. I keep smaller working ones, as you can install you software on it, and use it to clean your main infected drive. If you have a virus, you use the drive you just made too scan and clean the other drives.

I just had a failing drive, and did this using a really nice 10,000 R.P.M. 60G drive I had that was too small, but good for these kind of problems. One of the best drives Seagate ever made!