View Single Post

Old 02-19-2012, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Uss hornet cv-8 1942

Ahoy
Ran out of paint on my Lurline and other materials I went to the VA for a check up so far my old hulk is still in top condition good news for me happy happy. tomorrow I will got to the store and buy some more material so i can get the Lurline finished up. I have her sister ship the Matsonia a RC job I forgot I had this one its not finished but i will post it this evening on my Lurline thread.

USS HORNET

My wonderfull first mate Ruthie about 10 years ago bought me this kit of the Hornet for my Birthday the funny thing was the night before i was watching Thirty Seonds Over Tokyo she saw me watching the movie as I was cheering when the B-25s were being launched into the 46 mile an hour gail. On my Birthday thye next day I had to go to the hobby shop for some glue and paint and some No.11 blades. My ruthie said can I come along she ventured into the model section she knew what I wanted. I was hunting down the paint she went to the cashier and purchased the kit I didn,t even know it until I went to the car. she was quicker then a cat I had no Idea. got into the car Happy Birthday popeye she said and handed me the kit. I cried for a moment old dudes do cry when they are happy. This an expensive kit. the kit is from Trumpeter first time i have ever heard of this company you all guesed it its from China like everything else is in America and all over the world. although this not paper I wished it was but I thought I would post this to keep you peepers busy until I get to the Lurline. I will have more pictures tomorrow on the Lurline. Hears the Shangrila of the Tokyo raid.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0001.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0002.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0003.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0004.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0005.jpg  

Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0006.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0007.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0008.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0009.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0010.jpg  

Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0011.jpg