View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Thumbs up A Hardy Thank you

Ahoy
Thanks fellas for your wonderfull reples on my Hornet, The mose enjoyable part of the ship her self is thye launching of the B-25s and old Jimmy Doolittke heading for the clouds. I was still in the Navy in 1983 home for a 30 day leave when I heard on the channel 7 news that Jimmy Doolittle and his raiders are having a reunion at The Wright Patterson Airforce Base Museume. And the best of all Jimmy himself is flying his B-25 given to him by the North Americanh Aviation company at Inglewood California as honers to him and his raiders. The airplane is still there at the Museume in the WW11 deppartment. All of us had chat with General Doolittle and we talked about the raid. A very nice man he was and very sharp and elert at his age of 90 years back then. I remembered he mentioned about the raid at first it was a failure do to the lost of men and aircraft. But later as was sent to Washington DC. to recieve his medfals from FDR. that the raid was sucsesfull and a moral booster for America. it set new standards to japan He mentioned that japan pulled back alot of their forces to protect thier homeland from future attacks and that we will return with entrest to finishe the job. Thanks fellas for your replies old Boats loves to show his lifes work here I get more enjoyment displaying and building my models here then building models. Thanks Fellas.

boats