View Single Post

Old 11-10-2008, 08:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Having gotten sidetracked (railroad joke, eh?) with the XP-67 build, I return here with some photos of progress.

The first part of this build is the deck. The car is longer than will fit on an A4 page, so anything that runs the full length has to be pieced together. One piece of 1mm card forms the deck .

Fortunately I had heavy stock longer than A4.
Unfortunately one piece with card skin tends to warp.

The next pieces are open "C" section channels that run the whole length. They were a bitch. Cast iron, plain and simple. Each one not only folded over and back (five faces) but spliced together about a third of the way along

The box and various sticky-up (OK, sticky down) bits come next.

The box was quite painless really. The sticky down bits required colouring on their backs , or in the case of the plow structure on all sides.

Armour side panels of 0.5mm are next and I hope some careful gluing, clamping and cursing will let me massage out the warp and flex in the deck
Attached Thumbnails
NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-001.jpg   NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-002.jpg   NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-003.jpg