Thread: Hi from Holland
View Single Post

Old 02-25-2012, 11:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by michielv View Post
Hi all,
Fokker airplanes (G-1, D-XXI, T-V etc.). If anyone know of other paper models of Dutch airplanes from the pre/early WW-II era such as Koolhoven (FK85 and FK56) and Fokker airplanes (like the D-XVII biplane) I'd be very happy to hear about them.
Hoi Michiel,

As I am a grandson of a Fokker engineer (prewar years until the Fifties), I do have some knowledge on the subject.
Really good models: Modelik, Fokker D.XXI 1:33 scale, there is a Dutch version and a Finnish version available; Scaldis/Paper Trade. a Fokker F.VIII, 1:50 scale. Both models can be purchased at Scaldis, Terneuzen link: HOME , especially the F.VIII is a good model to pick up some experience. The modelik model is also available at Modelik.pl. Both models top class printing.

There is a G.1 model, but rather tricky to build. Also a T.V is there, also not suitable to start with.

At eBay sometimes a Polish model of a G.1 is offered, construction is rather well, but you will have to scan and repaint this one, they did mix up two different versions (roundel in national colours and triangular orange markings applied on the model).

Scaldis has also three Fokker C.XIW floatplanes in the model of Hr.Ms. De Ruyter, 1:250 scale.

And of course, lots of Dr.1.'s, D.VII's and even a D.VIII are there from the World War I period.

kind regards,
Gert