View Single Post

Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Great idea for a thread!

I've used "cMags" as my internet handle for a number of years, sometimes appending "613" if for some reason I find cMags already taken. It's simply a combination of my first initial and last name (Chris Magnell). I've used this name since the near beginning of the internet (as it is today anyway - not the early versions like arpanet etc. - since around the mid-late 90's).

My avatar is currently still set as the label from a bourbon I enjoy. I discovered this bourbon while reading the book "To Fly and Fight" by Clarence (Bud) Anderson after building a model of his P-51D Mustang "Old Crow". (I built a second one - his P-51B "Old Crow" later.) It turns out that he had named the plane (actually most of his planes - a P-39 Airacobra, a couple Mustangs, and a F-105 Thud that I know of) after the bourbon. I always enjoyed a glass of whiskey anyway, and found Old Crow to be very drinkable.

I plan on building the Airacobra and Thud in Anderson's liveries at some point soon - the Airacobra is available already on Ecardmodels as a Marek repaint (forget whose), and the Thud I'm gonna have to repaint myself.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds