View Single Post

Old 02-26-2012, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
My involvement with the internet began in what are known as IRC (Internet Relay Chat) rooms. For a couple of years my nic was "Augen", which German speakers among you will know means "Eyes".
However, I also write poetry from time to time, and published some of my poems under the name ^Uyraell^. Eventually, I got tired of switching nics (a "trace-able" function in IRC) to prove I am ^Uyraell^, and simply took the name as My "Main-nic".
I have been either ^Uyraell^ or Uyraell ever since, which is to say, for many years now.
My avatar thus becomes self-explanatory. The "Angel of Death" (what most folks call "The Grim Reaper" in various languages) is in fact Two ArchAngels, who are Twins: Asrael, who Harvests/Reaps the Souls, and Uriel, who Transports those same Souls.

The image of Asrael showing the Path to a watching Soul seemed appropriate as an avatar, and has been my avatar since I began to join online Forae.
The way I spell Uyraell is closer to the linguistic original than is the Latin spelling, Uriel.
For this reason, I did not employ the Latin spelling.

Those who may be interested in my poems may PM me for the url.
I advise though: while a 10 year-old could read them and find no offensive word therein, I would not permit someone that young to read them. Many cover themes which this modern world would frown upon, and are about experiences decidedly adult of nature. Take this as both polite note of caution, and warning to those who are not at ease with such topics.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.