Thread: Usr ux-1
View Single Post

Old 02-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Chad, I enjoyed the discussion about P.C.'s and Mac's and the conclusion you came too is the one most sensible people come to. XP SP3 works really well, W7 better. The day Apple sells the O.S. and allows people to put it on the computer of their choice, I will buy it. I know many people who use Apple's for graphics, but are because of price considerations, and custom ability, are now buying P.C.s, when they upgrade. I think now that Steve Jobs is dead, eventually, the O.S. will be sold separately. Just a feeling.

I just talked to McNeel and they said if I sign up for a language course at a local Community College, they will honor the certificate and sell me Rhino a for $99 dollars. A full working version. It would be cheaper to go to school for a course, learn something, and get Rhino, than just paying the retail price!! I was inquiring about Rhino 5.0 which they still think is a year away for P.C.'s, as of last week.

Allen, I got my Silhouette Cameo Paper Cutter, and after some initial trials, I think it has much potential, for the price, $269, it may be a great option until you get the laser as you can built up parts and since you are not cutting them, laminating is not a big deal. It doesn't leave a brown edge either. Of course, it will not cut the super heavy stuff, 110 lb. card stock is about the limit.