View Single Post

Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
IJN Isuzu 1:200 - Answer

After the tank I just finished, I'm in the mood for a ship. I've decided on the Isuzu from Answer.

Interesting, I'm reading some of the Isuzu history and she was part of the invasion of Hong Kong. I lived there for a number of years 20 or so years ago and my wife grew up there. (Time has really flown, seems like yesterday). She tells stories sometimes of playing in old Japanese forts as a kid and she and her brother even found some old ammunition. And then later Isuzu was attacked by planes from CV-16 Lexington which we just visited down in Corpus Christi. I really like it when the history of my models connects up with places I've been.

Anyhow, from what I can tell, the model depicts the ship as an anti-aircraft cruiser in 1944-45.

The kit has 8 pages of card parts and 2 pages of thin paper parts. There are also 4 pages of drawings and a 2-view on the inside cover. It will end up bigger than anything I've made at 81 cm.

This is my first 1:200th ship and also my first full hull. I'm hoping I can do a good job - we'll see. I also don't want to use any laser cut or photo etch if possible, but if the tiny parts get looking too clunky I may end up going with that.

Please feel free to give tips and pointers! I learn a lot by posting my builds in progress here.
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Isuzu 1:200 - Answer-11-13-08-001.jpg   IJN Isuzu 1:200 - Answer-11-13-08-002.jpg  

Last edited by redhorse; 11-13-2008 at 08:39 PM.